November 20, 2019
November 20, 2019
It is only in Christ that we are justified. By faith in Jesus we are made right with God.
And in Christ, we are dead to the law and alive by grace because Jesus lives in us!
1- In Christ ...
- Justified by faith (15-16)
2- In Christ…
- Dead to the law (17-19)
- Alive by grace (20-21)
November 15, 2019
In our lesson this week, Galatians 2:11-14, we learned that Paul continued his story, to affirm his authority as an apostle and the authority of the gospel. Julia led us on a journey through this short, but impactful narrative together, using three points:
- Cephas Opposed- (11)
- Conduct Exposed- (12-13)
- The Gospel Line to Hold- (14)
Julia’s aim for us — “to so treasure the gospel that we would be compelled to confront others when we see the gospel compromised.”
November 6, 2019
- What is the setting? “SOMEBODY” (verses 1- 3) CONTINUATION of the story
- COMMUNICATE CLEARLY the GOSPEL
- At stake: CONFIRMATION of Paul’s gospel & CHURCH UNITY
- What is the conflict? (verses 4-5) CONFRONTATION with false brothers
- CIRCUMCISION to be added??
- CONFRONT those who CONTRADICT gospel truth
- What is the resolution? "THEN" (verses 7-9) CONFIRMATION of Paul’s gospel and ministry
- ADDED nothing
GAVE the right hand of fellowship
- What is the new setting? The “SO”? (verses 9b-10) COMMISSION to ministry
- One true gospel is affirmed, but that gospel is presented in a way that seeks to connect with different groups. Same gospel, same content. The one true gospel message will come across with different nuances, depending on the audience’s circumstances, or religious or cultural background.
- Paul was eager to remember the poor, as he was eager to be like Jesus!
**3. What is the CLIMAX? (verses 5-6) CORRECT DOCTRINE
Gospel truth preserved!! ONE TRUE GOSPEL! NOTHING ADDED to Christ! Christ alone for salvation!