October 23, 2019
Do not turn to a false gospel, but trust in the pure gospel of Christ, which alone gives life.
Julia will unpack this as she goes through these three points—
- Paul’s reason for writing, in verses 6-7
- Paul’s reaction to false gospels, in verses 8-9
- Paul’s motivation for speaking, in verse 10
For more information on joining this Bible study on Galatians, contact email@example.com
October 11, 2019
Galatians 1:1-5 | A Grace-Filled Gospel Greeting
Pam Larson, October 9, 2019
Paul’s grace-filled greeting introduces us to the gospel that is from God and for God’s glory.
- 1-greeting ……..v1-2….. BELIEVE the MESSENGER, who is NOT from man Paul’s grace-filled greeting introduces us.. (this is the FROM/TO section)
- 2-gospel ……v3-4…...BELIEVE the MESSAGE: Grace to you and peace the gospel that is from God
- 3-glory …….. v5……..Closing for God’s glory.
October 4, 2019
Jacque Boldt helped us to have a clear, working knowledge of the main point of the book of Galatians. She said, “Our destination is understanding the main point of Galatians. To get there, we will travel through three stops: Background information, What does the text say?, and What does the text mean?”
Here is how Jacque helped us to get there::
- Used Google Earth to help us see the terrain of the region of Galatia in Paul’s day, which is in modern-day central Turkey.
- Brought us in on the method that the teaching team has been using to analyze and process the text, and gave us a chance to practice it.
Genre: The type of literature--Galatians is an epistle, or letter
Literary Context: The passages immediately before and after the passage you are studying
Biblical Context: Citations and allusions from Scripture, and historical connections to other books of the Bible
Historical Context: The circumstances of the audience
Melodic Line: The main theme of the book, which distinguishes it from all other books in the Bible. It is like a thread woven through the book, which each section helps to “unpack.”