We need a redeemer who will give us rest, eternal rest.
- Jesus will be your Redeemer and welcome you into His family.
- Jesus will cover you with His wings and be your refuge.
- Jesus will give you His robe of righteousness to cover your nakedness.
- It does not matter what you’ve done or where you’ve been.
- We are all undeserving of His grace.
- The invitation is open.
In trust, come to your Redeemer who will give you rest.
Under Your wings I am safely abiding;
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust You, I know You will keep me;
You have redeemed me, and I am Your child.
Under Your wings
Who from Your love can sever?
Under Your wings my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.
Under Your wings—what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to Your rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blest.
Under Your wings—oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me;
Resting in YOU Jesus I’m safe evermore.
(adaped from "Under His Wings," a hymn by William Cushing, 1823-1902)