Aim: Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the Christ, the son of God and we can trust Jesus, his love and purposes.
- Trust Jesus, His love for you, and His purposes for you in whatever painful circumstances you are in right now.
- Perhaps your circumstances tempt you to question God’s love for you. Remember that He is accomplishing purposes beyond what we can even imagine.
- He is good, He is God and we are not. He loves us and wants us trust him, the resurrection and the life.
- The sisters expected Jesus to come and heal their brother, but he didn’t. Their hearts were broken, but they learned that when Jesus writes their story, He has a purpose much bigger and much better than theirs.
- God’s glory is shown in His incredible love for us. Please don’t be tempted to put the love of God up against the glory of God. This passage tells us that Jesus stayed where He was for two reasons: the glory of God (v. 4), and his love for this family (v. 5).
- Preach to yourself the truth of God’s love. There WILL be times in your life that your feelings [or other people] will try to convince you that God doesn’t love you. Maybe answers to your prayers are delayed. You may be tempted to think that God has failed you, betrayed you, that He doesn’t love you. Stand on His promises in the Word.
Jesus is the resurrection and the life, the Christ, the son of God and we can trust Jesus, his love and purposes. He loves you!