- What is the setting? “SOMEBODY” (verses 1- 3) CONTINUATION of the story
- COMMUNICATE CLEARLY the GOSPEL
- At stake: CONFIRMATION of Paul’s gospel & CHURCH UNITY
- What is the conflict? (verses 4-5) CONFRONTATION with false brothers
- CIRCUMCISION to be added??
- CONFRONT those who CONTRADICT gospel truth
- What is the resolution? "THEN" (verses 7-9) CONFIRMATION of Paul’s gospel and ministry
- ADDED nothing
GAVE the right hand of fellowship
- What is the new setting? The “SO”? (verses 9b-10) COMMISSION to ministry
- One true gospel is affirmed, but that gospel is presented in a way that seeks to connect with different groups. Same gospel, same content. The one true gospel message will come across with different nuances, depending on the audience’s circumstances, or religious or cultural background.
- Paul was eager to remember the poor, as he was eager to be like Jesus!
**3. What is the CLIMAX? (verses 5-6) CORRECT DOCTRINE
Gospel truth preserved!! ONE TRUE GOSPEL! NOTHING ADDED to Christ! Christ alone for salvation!